LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save realtime 100 data in a file without terminating the VI

I am running a VI to acquire realtime data continuously. But I want to save 100 data at my wish without terminating the VI. please suggest how to execute it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,033 Views)

Seems trivial. Can you show us some code?

How do you want to save it? (e.g. formatted? Binary, each set of 100 to a new file or just appending to an existing file? Include a timestamp?)

(Also, what is your definition of "continuously", "real time" and "terminating"?. What is the data rate?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,015 Views)

I want to save 100 real time data in a file and the destination of the file will be provided by me and I also want to get the timestamp. Once the 100 real time data are stored in the destination file provided by me, the VI should stop saving further data automatically without terminating the functioning of the VI.

I have added my VI., where I want to save temperature data from NI 9213 card.

Kindly help me in this regard

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,007 Views)

To not stop your VI, don't click "stop"... 😉

Is there a problem with the acquisition? For example, you want to toggle your "Enable" button off automatically?

If so, I suspect the simplest solution is to change the acquisition to return 100 points (instead of 1) and then set the Mechanical Action of the button to one of the "latch"ing options.

You might also find this link interesting/related: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/change-the-boolean-status-at-the-start-and-end-of-a-process/m-p/398...

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,991 Views)

@Rajesh10 wrote:

I want to save 100 real time data in a file and the destination of the file will be provided by me and I also want to get the timestamp. Once the 100 real time data are stored in the destination file provided by me, the VI should stop saving further data automatically without terminating the functioning of the VI.

*Facepalm*

Well I shouldn't do this because you really need to stop using the express VI's and learn how to program LabVIEW.

But that being said... How about just putting a 100 count For Loop around the two Express VI's?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,931 Views)