LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save file in DAT format in labview?

how to convert the binary file(TDS)  into DAT extension. as I cannot read this binary file also.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(965 Views)

In the picture attached below is my VI. This is what I have done to get a binary file.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(965 Views)

The data are in binary file format, I want it as a DAT file.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(961 Views)

You still don't seem to understand what people are telling you.  DAT file means nothing.  DAT is the file extension, but doesn't define anything the way it would if it was .xls, .png, .jpg, .....

You haven't determined what a DAT file is and if it has any particular structure to it.

So until you show some document that shows how data is structure within a .DAT file, stop saying you want a .DAT file.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(959 Views)

To put it in yet another way: What you are saying is similar to saying I want a vehicle. Sure but what kind of? With two wheels, 3 wheels or rather 4. There also exists a possibility for one wheel you know? And another possibility could be with tracks. And with motor or not? And should it be armoured, light weight or something else?

Basically anybody can write whatever he wants into a file and give it the ending .DAT. This is technically a .DAT file. nevermind that nobody else might be able to do anything with it without having the actual specification of what is in the file and how it is formatted.

So far what you have told us: just take a Write to File function and write anything to a file name with the ending DAT and you have already done what you asked for.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(941 Views)

Perhaps this question helps us to understand: What is the program you want to open this DAT- file?

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(946 Views)

From the screenshot that you posted it looks like you are using the Write to Measurement File Express vi. I do not believe that you can write a file directly with the .dat extension using that express vi. There are plenty of ways to do this, however. if you want to to a plain text file (comma delimited, tab delimited, etc.) then you can use Write Delimited Spreadsheet. Since you still have not provided any information on the format of the file (as has previously been said multiple time .dat tells us nothing - you could change the extension on the file that you are currently making to a .dat and it would be perfectly valid).

If you concern is being able to view the data in, e.g., Excel then you can do that with the .tdms that you are apparently currently using. There is an add-in for Excel that you can use to read the tdms file which you can download here.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(929 Views)

If you look at your Write to measurement file, you have a filename input just above the error input on the left side. If you build a filename with a .DAT extension it'll technically be a .DAT file. It'll make no difference to the content of the file compared to your current one, though.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 18 of 21
(917 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

If you look at your Write to measurement file, you have a filename input just above the error input on the left side. If you build a filename with a .DAT extension it'll technically be a .DAT file. It'll make no difference to the content of the file compared to your current one, though.

You're right. I've not used the Express vi and had assumed that it automatically appended the selected extension to whatever filename that you input. Until the OP gives us more information about the format that is desired we really can't be of much more assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(907 Views)

Thank you for your message. I got it. Now the doubt is I want to measure power and I plot the graph of Power with time. I want to retrieve the data of this time and power. However, I got power in the file only but I cannot get time also in the file. How can I save power and time in a file?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(879 Views)