LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to run .exe file by labview?

If that's the case, he's not even close, is he?

If you really are trying to pass parameters to an exe created from a VI, you should look at the shipping example called CommandLine to see how it should be done. No executable, whether you write it in LabVIEW or any other language, will automatically accept command line parameters. You need to program that capability in.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(4,900 Views)
... and he may be even harder pressed to get any output from it written back into the command "pipe". Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(4,893 Views)
Thanks for your help, but I fixed my trouble in a different way. What I was looking for how to pass values in executable file created in LabView. I found the: Property Node: Application->Command Line Arguments. That's it.

Let me ask you the last thing: I created the executable file with the "Application Builder" of LabView. When I double click on the exe it runs properly but at the end it does not close the front panel.
I don't wat to see the front panel during the execution of the exe, but mainly I would like that I is closed at the end of the execution.

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(4,877 Views)

You just need to use the appropriate front-panel property node to either keep it hidden and/or close it when you are finished.

This hides it, has a space for whatever work you need done and then closes it.

Message Edited by Warren Massey on 01-16-2006 10:02 AM

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(4,870 Views)
Since the example I pointed out uses that property, how is your solution different?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(4,857 Views)

@Dennis Knutson wrote:
Since the example I pointed out uses that property, how is your solution different?

If you are talking to me Dennis (and I'm not 100% sure you are), your "CommandLine" example didn't answer Pomo's question/concern/statement that said "Let me ask you the last thing: I created the executable file with the "Application Builder" of LabView. When I double click on the exe it runs properly but at the end it does not close the front panel. I don't [particularly want] to see the front panel during the execution of the exe, but mainly I would like that [it] is closed at the end of the execution."

The code picture I posted shows how to hide and close a front panel window.

Or was there another example that you pointed out that I missed?

Message Edited by Warren Massey on 01-16-2006 12:09 PM

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(4,850 Views)
Sorry Warren,

I was asking Pomo what he meant by "found another way".

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(4,833 Views)
Probably my english coused some misunderstaning.
When I said "in a different way", I was speaking about pass of value or parameter to an exe. And you can see the way in the attachment.

Thanks Warren for the example, I did it in quite similar way; your is more elegant. But I guessed there was not a programmatical way, but, let's say something to set. For example in the VI->Property->Execution or something like that.

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(4,821 Views)

I am able to run the Exe from Labview .Net.

But i could not able to get the output data from the Exe.

Can u plz tell me ,which  property or invoke method shud i use to get the data.

Thanks,

Venky.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(4,432 Views)

I need help with this issues of running .exe file by labview.

should i create a new thread/post or continue with this thread?

thanks in advance

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(4,290 Views)