LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to run a dll in background

I'm using a dll to control and read data from a camera. The dll is in a loop, in which it reads data from the CCD and moves the data to a memory location passed by labview (an array of uns_16). I want to have this dll running in the background while monitoring the contents with an intensity graph.

the problem is that the data is only displayed on the graph after the dll has quitted (-> all sequences completed).

What is the way ?

Thanx

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,530 Views)
Could you please post a screenshot or attach the vi. Have you called only the dll inside the loop?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,527 Views)

Sory, I wasnt clear enough. The dll call isnt inside a labview loop. The dll itself calls a loop, i mean a while (...) { read_data_from_ccd(buffer_from_labview); ... }

I want to start my labview VI with a call to this dll, which then goes to background, and then i want the labview program to go on displaying the contents of the "buffer_from_labview" memory area continously, as fast as possible, in an intensity graph.

There is no point in posting the VI, it consist of an initialise array, a call library function node and an intensity graph.

thx !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,515 Views)

Hi Dzac,

This is expected behaviour of the dll. When you call a dll and set the function, it will give a return value just after everything executed. I suppose the dll was written in some other language, so its not really possible to pass data between a running loop in the dlls function and a running loop in LabVIEW. Could you tell us what type of CCD and dll you are using? We might figurate out something!

Best Regards,

David Varga

Applications Engineer

NIH

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,484 Views)