LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to reset collector (Signal Manipulation Express VIs)

Good day,

I have a subvi that use "collector" function to get data from a DAQ card. Everything works fine except that when I called the subvi from mainvi (the start button), the data in "collector" will keep on accumulate and will never start from the beginning. Could someone please tell me how to "reset" the collector on every call made to the subvi?

I have attached the two VI here as reference.

Best Regards,
Liew
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,867 Views)

The Collector Express VI has a "Reset" input.  Wire a True to that input and the data in the collector will reset on every iteration of the loop.  If you need it to only reset at certain times, then add some logic to your loop that can accomplish the reset when you need it.

Good luck,
-D

Message 2 of 4
(2,860 Views)
Hello Darren,

I have tested this "reset" function earlier. Unfortunately, I have to reset the "collector" prior to the execution of the while loop. I have tried to reset it when leaving the while loop but I lost the previous data that it has collected. Only the recent collected data will remain there if I reset it before leaving while loop.

Is it possible to have control to this "collector" outside the loop?

Thanks.
Liew.

Message Edited by cyliew on 05-28-2006 10:43 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,849 Views)
Darren,

Have the problem solved by rearranging the data collecting sequences. Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Liew.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,839 Views)