LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove the window options

Hi,

I want to remove the windows option like minimize, maximize and close symbol at the end of the windows title bar. wen making exe i click the option and only the main vi able to remove all this but in sub vi's all this elements is been disable.. i want to remove it complete wen it runs.. how to do that? ... plz help.

another question.

how to change the menu bar color.. and the font color and style?... need help.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,783 Views)

Look at your VI PROPERTIES dialog, in the WINDOW APPEARANCE category.

The ALLOW USER TO CLOSE / MINIMIZE / RESIZE options will DISABLE (not remove) those controls.

You can uncheck WINDOW HAS TITLE BAR to remove the whole thing. 

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,779 Views)

hi Coastal ,

Are there any other ways to remove it then removing the whole windows title bar? because im having a menu bar in my vi. It look weird if remove the windows title bar. plz help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,772 Views)

Yes.

Read Coastal's message again.  Then try it out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,769 Views)

hi,

"The ALLOW USER TO CLOSE / MINIMIZE / RESIZE options will DISABLE (not remove) those controls.".. is there no other way to remove it completely and i still need the windows title bar to be shown because i have a menu bar if i remove thw windows title bar it looks weird like hangging without border. need help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,764 Views)
Why do you need them removed?  Disabling them will keep them from being used.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,761 Views)

hi , i need to remove tht because it was a request from my client.. and she ask y the X symbol cant b click .. plz remove it.. erm..this is whr i get the problem.

any way to remove it

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,749 Views)

Not that I know of.

Just tell her the X can't be removed.

The customer isn't always right.Smiley Wink

Can you think of any window in any other program that doesn't have an X button to it?  I can't think of an instance.  I can't think of any place besides LabVIEW that can have an X button that can't be clicked.

Is there a reason you do not want them to click the X button?  You can use an event structure to catch a Panel Close? event for the VI and discard the event so you can run your own code such as ensuring a clean and orderly shutdown of the VI.

Message 8 of 8
(2,744 Views)