LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read lowercase keys from ini file

Hi
I have a problem while reading the lower case keys from the ini file. When i'm using read key.vi  with with c as input it is returning the value for the key C...i.e the data for capital c. Can anybody suggest a solution to this..b'se i want to read lower case keys from the ini file.....
Thanks and regards in advance
AnishG
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,017 Views)

Hi AnishG,

you can use the "to lower case" function.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,016 Views)
Hi AnishG,

it's not possible to distinguish between upper and lower case key names!!!

In the "Read Key.vi" you can find a subvi "Config Data Get Key Value.vi". This vi is used to find the key and it's value. And this vi uses the "to lowercase" function to convert all key names to their lowercase variant...

You can distinguish between lower and upper case when not using the built-in config file vis. Read the ini-file as simple text and use your own string parsing...
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,010 Views)
I did it................ i changed the upper to lowercase.vi in config.vi and i got the result......But thank you all for giving the support..thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,988 Views)
Hi AnishG,

I hope you made those changes only to a copy of the mentioned vi??? Never change vi.lib files, always make copies and change them!
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 7
(2,983 Views)
Indeed. If you did change the VI that's distributed with LabVIEW, and you reinstall LabVIEW then you will find that your code will no longer work. If you copy your VIs to another computer you will also find that your code will not work since the change you made was to a VI that's distributed with LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,965 Views)

Yes

I copied the code to my source code folder and changed the name of the vi s..... Read Key.vi changed to read key customized.vi...etc.

Thanks and Regards

Message 7 of 7
(2,947 Views)