LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read instrument driver dll files

Hello,

How to read .dll files of an instrument driver? What is the programming methodology followed in dll files? I will be grtaeful to you if someone can point me a way to do this.

Thanks,

Ananda H S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,075 Views)
What exactly do you mean? You call a dll with the Call Library Function Node if it's a C type dll. Instrument drivers as a dll from NI are IVI-C that are created with LabWindows/CVI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,044 Views)

If you can get your hands on the driver dll sdk or source code, you can use Tools --> Import --> Shared Library (.dll)... and use the wizard to easily generate the code you need to implement it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,026 Views)

Thanks for the reply....

I have a TDS5000 oscilloscope driver. All the drivers of the scillocope are created using this dll file using call library function node nothing else. I wanted to see what code is written inside that dll file. How can I see what is written inside and is there any way to edit the same? I am very new to this aspect. Please explain me in detail.

Thanks,

Ananda H S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,005 Views)

I guess as an alternative, you can use VISA to send the commands to the Tekscope.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,000 Views)
Please provide the link to the driver that you downloaded.

You would need the source files that were used to create the dll. Then, you would need the development system that was used to create the dll. Do you know what a dll is?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,980 Views)