LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to put strin in x -axes

Dear Sir,

How take an X,Y plot where X- axes having a string value like (date , time, and days).

Here I have attached my program and observation file.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,692 Views)

Hi Julian,

when you want to have dates you could switch the formatting of the x scale to show dates. Use the advanced formatting options...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,689 Views)

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your suggestion, I don't want to see dates whatever is given in system , but i have a data in string formats it may have dated or name also, i that case Graphs takes only integer value. So please suggest me , program to insert string in X-axes.

Thanks & Regards,

Prince

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,681 Views)

Hi Julian,

the scales only display numbers (either formatted as integer, floats or time/date). Strings are not supported.

To display strings you can hide the scale and put your own string indicator on top of the graph...

This has been asked a lot of time before, just search the forum!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,679 Views)

As Gerd already mentioned you can use the formatting of the X-Axis but if that does not meet your needs...

Take a look at the code I posted in this thread.

It uses a Picture Control that over-laps the X-Axis to render arbitrary text under a bar graph.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,662 Views)