LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to perform reset operation after performing one operation??

Solved!
Go to solution

hello,

i want to know about reset function.

in my system i am dealing with different instrument like power supply ,GPS,GSM...

in my system i have 2 section in 1st section i have set only ON and OFF operation of my devices and in second section i have to deal with Current and Voltages and GSM's task,for that i have put one start switch (from boolian)after giving start 2nd section will start to perform operation until the end and LED of regarding section will be ON,but when i press start switch again then  my 2nd section shoud be reset and from begining it shuld be start to perform operation.

here in attachment i attach my front pannel in that you can see that on start button i have used after pressing it my system shoud be reset that i cant do it.

please let me know what kind of logic i have to use for reset the function.???

thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 36
(3,105 Views)

I would be much easier to understand what you are doing if you could show us some code.

Instead of ordered consecutive "sections", it would probably be much better to implement a state machine, including idle and transition states.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 36
(3,094 Views)

i attach here my all vi.and in this there is start button after pressing start my all funcion shoud be reset.

its ok or i need to explain my problme in more detail.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 36
(3,091 Views)

You only attached the project file, it does not contain any VIs. Just zip up the VIs or create a source distribution, for example.

(according to the diagram image you have now attached to the original post, your diagram is gigantic (look at the vertical scrollbar!).)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 36
(3,075 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 36
(3,065 Views)

hello,

i have use same logic which i attach here,but as my operation of vi is so long i cant stop my runing vi at a time when i press the butten (means i have to wait until all the proccess within loop shoud be finish)  which is shown in front pannel in attachment (stop application).

thats why i m thinking to use stop function(Programming << application << stop)  which is stop all the proccess at a time but i didnt find out proper logic for that.

please suggest me some logic so by using that i can generate one stop button on my front pannel and any user want to stop running vi at any time , they can do it by simply pressing that button. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 36
(2,925 Views)

i dont understand your english, logic or reasoning....but i would make your stop button a switch and a local variable wired to the second loop stop if true and finish your vi with a false reset to your local stop variable. please provide a visual aid to explain your logic?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 36
(2,911 Views)

hii,

in my vi i want to set some function which customer can easily understand,

i want to make one run button ,one stop button 

i got success to creat run button by following attached vi in my previous post,now i want to make one stop button by pressing that user can stop running vi at any time.

but the problem is in previous attachment is that i can't stop my vi at any time i have to wait until all operation of while loop shuld be performed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 36
(2,898 Views)

Ok i got success to halt at any time ....

thank you very much for every one who gave their time ....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 36
(2,892 Views)

can it possible to create pause button in vi,which give simmiler function which is on the top bar menu.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 36
(2,891 Views)