From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to obtain the complete frame continously without losing the old frame in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

how to create a vi which accept the complete frame continously in a list box without losing the older one which are coming from an Array.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,557 Views)

Hi chintukumar,

Please could you explain your problem in a little more detail?

I take it you are trying to populate a list box using an array, but what do you mean by accept new "frames"?

Do you mean you want to add to the contents of the listbox while the code is running?

Thanks,

Laurence

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,544 Views)

Thankyou sir,

Here my listbox acts as an indicator.Whatever values it get should display.Iam able to do that but my problem is,only one row can display values, on the next iteration the older values are dissappearing and new value will comes in that place.I want the new values will populate line by line,without losing my old values.How to do that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,538 Views)

Hi,

You will need to use the Combo Box as a control, not an indicator, as in that form it can only display one value.

To change the values you can use a Property Node. The terminal itself does not need to be wired.

Please find attached an example, and for more information on property nodes, see the link below:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/glang/property_node/

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,530 Views)

Hi,

Iam using LV9 so I can't open that example.Also,I have created property node and inside that I selected itemNames to get the values.And then made it as change All to write.But unable to view all the values line by line.

Thankyou.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,527 Views)

Hi,

Sorry - I should have checked which version you were on! Please find attached a 2009 vi.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,520 Views)

Hi,

If our listbox is multicolumn then how can it be done

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,516 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abhisheksinha

Sorry - thought you meant a combo box not a listbox.

Please find attached an example with a multi-column listbox.

You need to build an array of row information, then insert that into a new row in the main array.

Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 9
(2,509 Views)

Thanks for helping me

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,502 Views)