LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make the common control button for all pages in TABCONTROL?

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I'm using TABCONTROL for my application. I'm having STOP and SAVE control. I have to show this button to all pages  in TABCONTROL.. How do i make it?

Kindly help me?..

Regards,
Srinivasan.P
Message 1 of 9
(5,311 Views)

Drop the controls someplace off of the tab control. Then, select and move with the keyboard arrow keys. You'll see a black border but this disappears whwn you ru the VI.

Message 2 of 9
(5,309 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chennnai

Hi srinivasan,

If you want to keep "Save" and "Stop" common, Why do you want to keep them on Tab control? Is your tab control taking entire space on Front panel? If so, you can have SAVE and STOP on other vi, and you can call this vi (MODAL).

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,299 Views)

Dear friend,

Becauase i don want to go to seperate page and save the and stop it. i need a common control in all pages in TAB control. how can i call as separate VI for stop and save button?

Regards,
Srinivasan.P
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,219 Views)

Dear friend,

Becauase i don want to go to seperate page and save the and stop it. i need a common control in all pages in TAB control. how can i call as separate VI for stop and save button?

Regards,
Srinivasan.P
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,219 Views)

Since there is a single button for stop and a single button for save, I don't understand your question. You did follow my instructions for making the buttons common to all pages, didn't you?

The other question was asking why you had to place the controls on the tabs in the first place. Why not right below?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,217 Views)

Hi,

The Tab control page covers the entire screen of my computer. So i need to place the Save and Stop button as common. how do i implement it? i don want to place the contol in one page of Tab Control. It has to show in all the pages. kindly give me a solution. 

Regards,
Srinivasan.P
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,194 Views)
The solution has already been given above. What don't you understand about it?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,192 Views)