From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make a flashing led stay triggered when case structure is true

Hi, I'm trying to create an alarm system in  which the alarms are triggered by the voltage coming from a DAQ unit going above the threshold of 3 volts. When the alarm is primed, it will blink at a rate of 2000ms. When the alarm is triggered, it will blink at a rate of 250ms. however, I would like the alarm to remain on once it has been triggered, even if the voltage from the sensor goes below 3 volts. I want the user to have to press the reset button to set the alarm back to 2000ms timing.  I have the alarm triggering but it will not stay triggered.

I have looked around on the forums on this site to see if I could find a way to do it, but i'm struggling to find a way that works for my particular project. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,287 Views)

Hi iAnwar,

I have the alarm triggering but it will not stay triggered.

Please do the LabVIEW basics offered in the header of the LabVIEW board to learn about shift registers!

And please learn about array handling too, to get rid of those 6 parallel loops doing essentially the very same for each of your 6 signals…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,275 Views)

ianwar.png

Maybe that will help ?

But yes, as GerdW mentionned, you should learn LabVIEW basics concerning flow, shift registers withing loops, arrays and stuff. Here is a nice start : http://www.ni.com/academic/students/learn-labview/ or http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373427j.pdf

CLAMaxime -- Kudos are a great way to say thank you
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,270 Views)