From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make a 2d intensity plot?

I'm trying to make an intensity plot as a function of x and y positions.... I have a scanning stage that gives me the positions and I am measuring the intensities at those locations... I have put this on a 3d plot and it comes out nice, however, I need it on an intensity plot with multiple colors.... when trying to do this, I get time on one axis... I was wondering how I could change the axis to x and y for the intensity plot... thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,665 Views)

Have you tried transposing the 2d array?

With a picture I would be ale to see what you are trying to do better.

Beaton

- there is always an easy way, but it is always the hardest to find
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,654 Views)
Hi there,

Are you referring to doing a projection of your 3D graph? There is a good shipping example, called 3D Surface Example - Fluctuating Sine Wave.vi which illustrates how to accomplish projection with a 3D graph.

Please post a picture or describe a little better what you're trying to do and we'll try to help you out!

Best regards,
-Sam F, DAQ Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,634 Views)
So, right now I'm using the 3d surface plot.  However, I wish it could look more like a 2d projection with different colors indicating the level of intensity such as:

http://www.capra.group.shef.ac.uk/3/Fig06ResistivityPlot.png

I was wondering how I can make this...  once again, the arguments I have are an x position and a y position that go through a raster scan via for loops, all while acquiring an intensity count at each x-y position.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,593 Views)
Have you tried a set up like this

but instead of random numbers you put in your 2d data
- there is always an easy way, but it is always the hardest to find
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,583 Views)