From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make 2 switches and only one them can stop and start the other?

hi,
having 2 case structures each has 1 start/stop button. How to let them work together when pressing only one of these 2 buttons?
Thx...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,328 Views)
Post an example and mention your labview version.
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,324 Views)

Thx 4 the reply

i am using labview 8.2

having a variable  connected to a counter and each is connected to a switch how to let both switches work together? because if i stoped the variable the counter will increment itself and so the variable will not start from where it stopped.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,315 Views)
Please do me an example. Then, say in a simple way what you want. I'm not understanding what you want
Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,310 Views)

starfish wrote:
having 2 case structures each has 1 start/stop button. How to let them work together when pressing only one of these 2 buttons?

Yes, you problaby should use a few more words to describe what you are trying to do. This is too sparse. 😉

If you want to always operate both cases when either one of the buttons is true, you should combine the code of the two cases into one for simplicity. Of course most likely you only need one of the buttons in this case.

In any case, make a logical OR of the two buttons and feed the output to the selector terminals of the two case structures.

Remember, a VI is worth a thousand words, so attaching an simple example of your code will make it much easier for us to understand what you are trying to do. :_

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,289 Views)