From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to insert desired values in 1D array

i am a new labview user. how can i insert desired values in a 1D array or how can i simply give a desired bit stream exp. 110000110110 etc as an input in the form of a 1D array to some thing. i want to give a certain bitstream as input to a convolutional encoder. it accepts input in the form of a 1D array.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,109 Views)

Hmm have you inspected the functions in the array palette ;). A tip since you are new in Labview. Then you start a new Labview session, always enable the context help (short cut Ctrl+h). If you want to modify several values in an array you have to use a for loop and shift registers.

Hope this was of some help

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,101 Views)

irish_sunset wrote:

it accepts input in the form of a 1D array.

A 1D array of what? That will pretty much answer what kind of array you need to make.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,092 Views)

i just want to input 100010001100001 etc. to a convolutional encoder. now the convolutional encoder takes input in the form of a 1D array. how do i input these bits in an array controller on the front panel. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,080 Views)

By the way, the images you posted don't show up because the links point to a location on your hard drive which we don't have access to.

Please attach the image files to your message, then post.  Then you can go back and edit the message to insert the images based on their NI webserver location.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,078 Views)
you can obtain a que, enque all you bits in the que and when done flush it out into an array.  Dunno if that helps.  You can flush your que at any time and populate it again.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,070 Views)

Hi irish,

"How do i input these bits in an array controller on the front panel."

What about an array control of booleans? Please attach proper images (as noted before) and, even better, vis you already made up...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,055 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,045 Views)

PLEASE do not post bitmaps by changing the filename extension to .jpg/.gif/whatever. Doing so does not change the file format!

Sorry, but this is a real pet peeve around here. 

That wire is just an array of integers.  The subVI expects an array of I8. Based on your picture it seems your question has more to do with the front panel indicator. To view more values, just resize the array indicator. 

To learn more about LabVIEW it is recommended that you go through the tutorial(s) and look over the material in the NI Developer Zone's Learning Center which provides links to other materials and other tutorials. You can also take the online courses for free.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,034 Views)