From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to initialize x control to default value

Hi all

I have developed the X control in which I have one knob and 1 numeric control.

It is working fine. But when my VI stops , for next run i want my x control to get initialize to default value.

Right now it shows the last values.

How should I initialize X control to default values?

Do i need to do something with the init ctl of X control??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,297 Views)

Hi,

I think its not possible to directly initialize the X control to its default value using its property. But you can initialize its value during each run in the X Control itself. You can set the value of each control in the "Exec State Change" event. I have attached an example XControl which has a knob and a numeric control. Have a look at it,

Message 2 of 4
(3,265 Views)

The XCtrl Init ability is only run when a VI is loaded into memory (aka, when you open the VI). Resetting the XCtrl to a default value depends on what you actually want to reset :

- Specific controls from within the XCtrl : follow Citra's post

- The "real" data of the XCrtl : from a local variable or property node from the calling VI. You still can use the aforementioned method for this one (make sure you set the Data Changed flag to True).

-Eric

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,248 Views)

Hi,

you might create a property or method for your XCtrl. Then you would call that at the start of your VI...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,246 Views)