From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to implement a transient speed profile into LabVIEW?

I am currently developing a drive cycle for a human powered vehicle with an electric power train. A custom transient chassis dynamometer has been constructed, with a HBM T22/50NM torque transducer, which is connected to a ABB single variable drive ACS800-11 and is linked to a NI-DAQ USB 6008. 

I have obtained data required to create a speed, power, torque and rpm profiles over time. A programme, virtual instrument has been created in LabVIEW, where the dyno can be controlled in real-time. The rpm and torque values can be inputted to the programme which communicates with the torque transducer. I need to run my speed-time profile as one continous, transient signal, where the speed is constantly changing over time, and therefore know the driving conditions (if the vehicle has reached and incline or decline or if the vehicle has stopped) at any point of the speed-time profile . The torque transducer is supposed to ouput the torque and speed values collected to simulate the route the HPV will experience when in operation, without me manually inputting the speed, torque, power or rpm values. This is not supposed to be a modal drive cycle, with predefined speed, acceleration and deceleration. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

PS I have the speed, power, torque and rpm profiles saved in excel, and can transfer them to Matlab if that is of any use.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,288 Views)

anyone?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,270 Views)

LabVIEW can read excel - look in the file examples.  You might also try exporting from excel to csv (text) and importing the text. 

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,266 Views)