LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to i put the keystroke into my program

Greetings me newbie,

How do i join the the program together ?I want the keystroke VI inside my main program
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,575 Views)
(I would really prefer if you don't attach VIs that are set to (1) Run when opened, (2) force Full screen, AND have the stop button hidden. For security reasons, I like to have a quick look at the code before running the VI. It is only a matter of time until somebody posts some malicious code. Thanks!).

To your question: Could you explain what you want to do with the keyboard VIs? If you just want to monitor for keystrokes, you might be better served with an event structure that listens for "Key own" events.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,572 Views)
Greetings,
Sry abt that for the first part.. I would like to use the keystroke to ctrl my buttons you see at the right side
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,566 Views)
Hello keeper,

as Altenbach said you can use your event structure to catch key down events. You can also use keyboard navigation (right click on control -> advanced) if you restrict the keys to the function keys (and some modifiers). And you can make your own menu and use some short keys like ctrl-s for save and ctrl-q for exit.

Best regards,
GerdW
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,556 Views)
Altenbach, since this isn't the first time you asked people not to attach auto-running code for fear of malicious code I have 2 questions -
1) Aren't all LV programmers good natures people who wouldn't dream of writing malicious code?
2) Even if there is someone who would write malicious code, wouldn't they want their code to run? Presumably they won't care what you ask.

There is something I can say about this - People may post code which will crash LV unintentionally. If this happens when you took a short brake from work to answer questions and forgot to save your very important VIs, this can be a bit annoying. I haven't thought about it yet, but maybe something can be written to run in the background and prevent VIs from running automatically?

(2,538 Views)