LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get the lte signal on a graph

Hi, 

I'm trying to watch on a graph the niLTE RFSG Create and Download Waveform (Single Antenna) input and output signal ! By using the niLTE Generate DL Test Model Example (Basic).vi, I want to know which graphs could be use to watch the signal in frequence domain and in time domain. (I tried with a lot of default labview graphs but allways had "types" problems because the graph's type was never the one needed for the vi )

Thanks 

Ossan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,717 Views)

Hi Ossan,

To graph the LTE waveforms in this case, you won't be able to do this directly from the "niLTE RFSG Create and Download Waveform (Single Antenna)", since this sends the waveform straight to the RFSG in the background.  The RFSG Database VIs let us get certain information about the waveform, such as I/Q rate, but not the waveform itself.

For the actual waveform, just place the "niLTE SG Create Single Antenna Waveform" VI in line with the other functions (so after step 6 of the example VI you're using), and graph the waveform from there.  To get it into a format usable by the WFM measurement functions such as FFT, you can convert using the process demonstrated below.

LTEWaveform.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,671 Views)

Thanks Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,664 Views)

OOOPS, problem ! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,656 Views)

Please attach pictures as attachments rather than embedding pictures within proprietary file formats such as a Word .docx.

You connected two terminals that don't belong together.  Hover over the wire with context help on and it will tell you what is wrong.  You are going into a waveform datatype, but the wire coming out of the subVI is purple, so it is some sort of reference rather than a waveform.

But your code doesn't match Matt's image.  He used Unbundle by name to unbundle parts of a cluster (pink wire).  You used Get Waveform Components which is a specialized function that unbundles a Waveform datatype.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,642 Views)

sorry, I thought Matt used the niLTE RFSG Create and Download Waveform VI ! And like said, not the same type so ... 
what should I use to obtain Matt's solution ? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,597 Views)

As I said, use Unbundle by Name, not Get Waveform Components.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,591 Views)

That's what I did, but same problem ! 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,577 Views)

If you hover over the broken wire, what does the context help say?

It now looks like you have all the same functions as Matt, but something is still different.  His is putting out a pink cluster wire.  Yours has a purple triangle on that wire, which implies some sort of reference.  I don't have that function library, so I can't try to recreate it myself.  Something must be different about his Single Antenna SubVI compared to yours.  Perhaps different versions of that library?

Hopefully he'll rejoin the conversation and can comment.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,569 Views)

The context help say : "the type of source is IVI session of class; the type of the sink is cluster of 3 elements" 

Hope also that he'll join us soon 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,551 Views)