LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get sound waveform

hello everybody!
i use the activex to play mp3 file,and i want to get the mp3 file waveform,i have try many methods but it failed.so i hope someone can help me

thanks for lot
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,293 Views)
     somebody can help me?  or tell me the method!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,269 Views)

I have mp3 file and I want to get its waveform to the graph. It's simple with wave file but I don't know what to do with mp3( Can anybody help me? ^_^

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,037 Views)

Hello,

You can use the Sound File Read Simple VI to open the .wav file, you can transfer the .mp3 to .wav.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,000 Views)

Labview can't open mp3. I have to open this file with Labview, I can't use any another programs like file-convertors.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,991 Views)

Hello,

I have never seen an example that does this. I recommend converting the MP3 to a wav file with another program. This should become a simple array that you can read into labVIEW and build into a waveform if needed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,964 Views)

I also need to get the mp3 waveform. I read in other threads, that it might work through binding a dll - the same dll which is being used by other programs to get the waveform data like audacity. I never did something like that, so I hope somebody responds with a solution.

LabVIEW 2011
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,829 Views)

You have hi-jacked a thread started in 2007. Hijacking others threads are considered rude. You should always start your own thread. Thank you for understanding.

Get some free software that convert your MP3 file to a wave file. Then you can read it in Labview do whatever you want to do with the waveform. All kinds of analysis are at your fingertips....

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,820 Views)