From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get index of the item from table when user double click on an item

Can anyone tell me how to get the corresponding index of a table in which
elements are listed as array of strings? I am looking for the index of the
item being double-clicked on?

Thank you in advance

Cheers,

NQ.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,085 Views)
Hi NQ,
Although the question is not thouroughly clear, I can give a few suggestions. You can use the property node for table to refer to any particular row or column of the table. The correpsonding elements in the property node will be "SelStart", "SelSize" etc. Just as a side thought, the index of a table starts with (0,0).
I am attaching a test file. Please see if it helps you in figuring out what exactly you want. This example VI is just to help you try different options under property node (if you havent already tried)to get what you want.

Regards,
Sastry Vadlamani
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,085 Views)
The Listbox control has a property node that outputs the item on which the user has double-clicked. If you can afford to display your strings in a listbox, use it.
Otherwise I have written an utility VI that outputs the array index of the element on which the user has clicked (once). See my LabVIEW page http://cybertechs.qc.ca/~jpdrolet/labview/
I'll post a LV6 version soon so stay tuned.
Jean-Pierre

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,085 Views)