LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get data and print out by ethernet

hello  guys,  I need some help, I am new in LV,  I have done some simples programs using  serial ports  so far.  but  now I need  to use ethernet port  to get data from a data scanner,  I must  process that info an then I need to print out  that information, using only ethernet  port,  I ve never used ethernet devices in labview, so If some body  can give a some help  How to do that,  I will appreciate    thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,549 Views)
First off, the easy part is printing. You just print the document in question.

In terms of the scanner, the vendor that is providing should be able to document how to communicate with the thing. From the LV side, it supports all the standard protocols.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,522 Views)

thanks  for your response

is there any function I can use for ethernet communication?  because   someone told me that I need  the OPC module to work with ethernet

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,514 Views)
You've got VISA which you must have used if you used serial instruments and the tcp/ip functions. What exactly are you trying to communicate with?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,508 Views)

thanks  for your response

I have several  serial scanners but I need to use ethernet , so  I am converting  serial to ethernet, 

I will scan 2D barcode labels  and need to process that info in labview and then communicate with  slc5/05  and also

need print some labels  in a zebra printer

I ve never worked with ethernet communication in labview,  so if someone have any idea 

I appreciate your help

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,480 Views)

Check-out the TCP/IP examples that ship with LV.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,476 Views)