LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get alpha images on picture box??

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks, I was already rounding up to the nearest 8 bit, since the LV help says it uses U8 (byte) binary for the following 8 pixels.

Any idea why it's the nearest 16bit multiple if the pattern is byte-wise for only 8 pixels per byte?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(2,314 Views)

Just a relic from LV yesteryear I believe.  If you look in this VI:

\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\picture\pictutil.llb\Bit-array To Byte-array.vi

You see that the pixel by pixel mask is converted to a 1D byte array by Type Casting through an I16 array and then a U8 array giving the padding.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(2,310 Views)

Nice catch!

I'll have to spend a little time looking over the internal utilities.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(2,303 Views)

Thanks Darin,

That is exactly what I needed to complete what should have been a relatively simple problem. The final piece of the puzzle was opacity disappearing in PNG files. Combining this with image rotation and zooming from some very smart LV gurus (yes i'm talking about you altenbach) and I have all I need.

Brilliant!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(2,227 Views)

Hi all,

I'm re-opening the thread because I found that it is not working with .net 4.0.

If I try with LV2010 or 2011, it work great but with LV2013 which load automatically assemblies in .net 4.0, I get this error.

.neterror.png

Can someone explain me how to deal with it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,827 Views)

@toto69 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm re-opening the thread because I found that it is not working with .net 4.0.

If I try with LV2010 or 2011, it work great but with LV2013 which load automatically assemblies in .net 4.0, I get this error

Can someone explain me how to deal with it.

Thanks

Same issue here with LV 2014. Apparently the english translation is "Error 1172 occurred at Invoke Node System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Inner Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Reading from the compression stream is not supported."

I'm trying to get the partial transperent PNG to work in relation to this other thread.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,568 Views)