cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find the ratio of two frequencies in fft

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi i am john,

I need to find the ratio of 1st and 2nd frequencies in fft graph.

Already i got information from this site only. Mr. Alten helped me.

Now i have to continue the same problem and need to find the ratio of the frequencies.

Please someone help me guys....

I will attach my vi file and text file.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,085 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author johnsasikennedy@gmil.com

john,

Do you need the ratio of the frequencies or the ratio of the amplitudes of the components at those frequencies?

The Extract Multiple Tone Information.vi from the Signal Processing >> Waveform Measurements palette should do what you want.

The frequency resolution is not very good because you have relatively few cycles of the waveforms (~2 for the lower frequency). I added some zero padding to improve the resolution, although a larger data sample would be better.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,044 Views)

Thanks a lot  Mr.JohnSold. 

But i need to find fft for the other sample of datas. i cant be able to get it through the vi which u have posted. please check it and send me the new program. Sorry for disturbing u. 

PFA

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,981 Views)

Why can't you use the same VI on a different set of data?

Why did you post the exact same response to your other, very similar message trhead about FFT.?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-get-fft-for-my-xy-graph/m-p/2685637#U2685637

Don't create a new thread for the same question.  Keep your responses in the other thread.

(PS.  There is no word spelled "u".  There is, however, a word that is spelled "you".)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,969 Views)

sorry. But i need it urgent. Please do the needfull

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,948 Views)

The negative times in the two files you posted may be part of the problem. Shift the time axis so that all the data occurs at non-negative times and see if that helps.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,914 Views)

Its not coming properly. Will you be able to help with the program

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,885 Views)

johnsasikennedy@gmil.com wrote:

Its not coming properly. Will you be able to help with the program

Look at my reply in the other parallel thread.

The negative times are not a problem, because we only care about dx in the resampled data. You simply need to ensure to trim the leading zeroes due to the non-numeric file header. (or edit it out manually from the file).

(Also please don't use these doule-extension. *.lvm.txt. That only confuses!)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,878 Views)