LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to extract a10 framess from webcam video..wait for sometime then extract 10 more frames

Sir, 

I need to extract 10 frames from a real time webcam video..wait for a particular period of time (say 5 sec) and then extract 10 more frames repeat this procedure 15 times. I tried using vision acquisition too..but i couldnt solve the problem. im using Labview 2011..please help me with this issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,790 Views)

Are you using Vision development module?  This should be straight forward in Vision Acquisition.  Setup a video grab.  Grab in the acqiisition loop and copy the image into a new space for parallel processing while you need to and ignore when you want to ignore.  A state machine could simplify the logic.  You should show what you have so far.  If you upgrade to a gigE camera you can actually set the camera to acquire a specified number of images when triggered (ie Basler Ace series cameras).

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,776 Views)

it should record automatically after the time period to the same space.. im fairly new to labview.. can u pl tell me how to use a state machine using labview. im using the webcam in the laptop only.. not a smart camera, Im using the vision toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,770 Views)

LabVIEW includes some Express VIs (like the Vision Acquisition VI that you used) that do "simple things" with little effort on the part of the User, and little need to know much about LabVIEW or LabVIEW Programming.  To go beyond the simple functionality that the Express VI affords, it is very helpful to know something about LabVIEW, to have written some "real" LabVIEW programs, or even better, to have found a LabVIEW "guru" who can critique your code and help you to learn some principles that make LabVIEW such a nice and powerful programming paradigm.

Once you understand LabVIEW programming a bit better, you should be able to see how to easily accomplish your task.  You will also understand such concepts as "State Machine", "parallel loops", "data flow", and will understand how LabVIEW handles Time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,749 Views)

Sir, so can u help me regarding this...i need to complete this asap...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,740 Views)

I am guessing that this is a Homework problem.  It will not help you to learn LabVIEW if someone else does your work for you.  On the other hand, it might actually be part of the specification for some code that your employer needs to have completed -- if so, are there LabVIEW "experts" there that you can consult?

If you do, indeed, need someone to develop a "finished product" for you, you will need to provide a full specification of what is involved, and (especially if this is job-related) might consider hiring someone to do this for you.

On the other hand, if you are a student learning LabVIEW, review your earlier Homework assignments, ask your Professor for help, and write as much code as you can!  Learning to program (in LabVIEW, Fortran, C, Java, it really doesn't matter) is not an "intellectual exercise" -- it is a "Practice makes Perfect" endeavor.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,712 Views)

Its neither of these sir, I am a student working out on my own project.

Thanks..Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,694 Views)