LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to edit columns in a saved spreadsheet

hey,
i dont see the icon that i need to right click to say show connector.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 44
(529 Views)
hey,
thankyou for all the help. Could you please explain me or show me how you did the 'dynamic data' thing which changed the headers of the columns to names in the excel file.

thank you
summit

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 44
(509 Views)
Do you mean how did I know the name of the attribute to set or how did I know that I could use the Set Waveform Attribute? In this case, I think what happened was that I remembered an earlier question on the same subject. It was just a matter of doing a search of the forum and looking at the answer to refresh my memory. When NI introduced the waveform data type a couple of versions ago, at first it just looked like a normal LabVIEW cluster. However, a very special thing is that the datatype included attributes that could be set and read. The value of the attribute is a variant so you can assign anything you want to the value. NI assigns certain attributes like channel names, units, and several others depending on the function being used but you can make up and assign your own. The other important thing to understand is that you can look at the code in the Express VIs. For example, you can right click on the Write Measurement File and select 'Open Front Panel'. Once you do that, you can browse through all of the subVIs. I just did that and found the section of code where the channel name is retrieved. In the case of the Write Measurement File, it was a Get Waveform Attribute function and the name of the attribute is called NI-Channel. To set the name, all that is necessary is to replace the Get Waveform Attribute with a Set Waveform Attribute, use the same name, and wire a string control to the value input.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 44
(501 Views)