LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to edit columns in a saved spreadsheet

hey, i made some changes in the code, can you see if this looks right.
thanks
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 44
(861 Views)

As far as I can tell, you haven't done anything. You haven't cleaned up the wiring or put the VI I sent you, in your program as a subVI.

Here is your VI back with one of the signals modified. You will have to specify the actual column name you want and then repeat for the other signals.

This is really basic stuff - adding a subVI. You should probably look at the training resources available at http://www.ni.com/academic/lv_training/how_learn_lv.htm

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 44
(861 Views)
hey,
thank you so much for helping me. the code is working perfectly fine and the excel file has the headers with the names i wanted them to have. I just have one more problem with the code. i want to make some calculations with the data which is being saved in the excel file and i want labview to make these calculations so that everytime i run the code the saved excel file has the data and these calculations.
thanks
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 44
(855 Views)
What is the problem with making calculations? You are already making several calculations in the program. Just make a few more.Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 44
(851 Views)
yea i m sorry, i dont know what i was thinking that time. could you please help me out with this: like you know how in the write to measurement file you can choose the vi to  'ask the user only once'  to select  the file  he wants  to save in.  the  problem  is that  when  the  vi  asks  the  user  to  which  file  it  wants  to  save  the data, it asks it after the instrument the computer is connected to has started running. i want it to first ask which file it wants to save the data in and then start running the program.  
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 44
(828 Views)
For a file dialog, How about the File Dialog function? Smiley Wink Just put it outside the main loop and wire the path in.
Message 26 of 44
(824 Views)
i m trying to wire the file dialog in the code. but it is giving me errors. i m so sorry, can you please show me how to do the wiring. pleaaseee..
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 44
(809 Views)
and there are two for loops in the code, the file dialog needs to be placed outside the inner loop or the outer loop.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 44
(810 Views)
A couple of things. If you get an error, you need to provide the error number. It does no good at all to just say 'my program doesn't work'. Second, I will repeat my urging that you look at the resources for basic LabVIEW training at http://www.ni.com/academic/lv_training/how_learn_lv.htm.

This is as basic as it gets.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 07-13-2007 11:35 AM

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 44
(805 Views)
hey dennis
thanks alot for the help with all that stuff. i v been trying to save the user name, sample name and sample description in the saved excel file. could you please guide me how i should do that coz i dont think i am getting too far with it. i have tried to put in 'user prompt' dialogue boxes but i think it is not working. the excel file that gets saved, i want the user to be able to input his name, sample name, and a short sample description.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 44
(777 Views)