From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to download vision imaq

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a new user of labview and I wish to study about vision IMAQ. however for the same, I have no clue as to how I can use it on LabView. Nither do I understand if I have to download an additional software for Vision IMAQ to run with LabView. Kindly advice me .

Shivalika

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(10,744 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shivalika

NI-Vision and NI-IMAQ are two different things. NI-IMAQ is a set of drivers and software to acquire, display and save images from some devices. The supported devices are in the readme. This software is free. NI-Vision is a higher-level piece of software. It's made to work with a much wider variety of devices. It's not free.

I think your best bet is to call your local NI sales office as they would be better suited to help you, rather than this forum. We answer mostly technical questions here.

Message 2 of 9
(10,737 Views)

Visit http://www.ni.com/vision/  to get to know more about vision hardware and software from NI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(10,731 Views)

Thankyou so much for your assistance. I will do as adviced.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(10,716 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

NI-Vision and NI-IMAQ are two different things. NI-IMAQ is a set of drivers and software to acquire, display and save images from some devices. The supported devices are in the readme. This software is free. NI-Vision is a higher-level piece of software. It's made to work with a much wider variety of devices. It's not free.

I think your best bet is to call your local NI sales office as they would be better suited to help you, rather than this forum. We answer mostly technical questions here.

The driver software is since quite a few years called IMAQdx and while you get ONE runtime license for that software when you buy NI hardware it is anything but free. You need to buy runtime licenses for it if you want to distribute it to other machines for use with anything but NI hardware (GigE, IEEE 1394, IP Ethernet, USB DirectShow (Webcams)).

Ni Vision or IMAQ Vision as it was called before is a function library either in the form of LabVIEW VIs or a LabWindows CVI library for image processing and vision applications, but it seems they don't sell the LabWindows CVI library actively anymore. At least I wasn't able to find it on the NI website during a quick check.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(10,711 Views)

Thanks for providing more info, Rolf.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(10,704 Views)

rolfk wrote:

Ni Vision or IMAQ Vision as it was called before is a function library either in the form of LabVIEW VIs or a LabWindows CVI library for image processing and vision applications, but it seems they don't sell the LabWindows CVI library actively anymore. At least I wasn't able to find it on the NI website during a quick check.

LabWindows/CVI support is continued. Taken from here:"NI Vision 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) supports LabVIEW 8.5, 8.6, 2009, and 2010, Visual Studio 2005 and 2008, and LabWindows CVI 7.0 or later."

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(10,701 Views)

Thanks, I was first looking at Vision software only and there only the LabVIEW solution was shown. I then did a search for CVI and Vision and got several product links that were showing an error when I clicked on them. Only later did I go into the Measurement Studio (LabWindows CVI) software section and there I found that they indeed still offer the Vision Development module for CVI.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(10,698 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

[...] got several product links that were showing an error when I clicked on them. [...]

Ooops.  NI will invite you to report those dead links Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(10,695 Views)