From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to display unprintable ascii char

hello,
i'm gething string from a bar-code, the bar code is program that at end of the string i'm puting a ctrl-g(^G) and enter.
CTRL-G in ascii table is 07. how can i check if i get the CTRL-G(^G) and the enter at the end of the string.?

regard's
eyal.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,661 Views)

You can do it like this

Just use the match pattern in the string palette. The string constants are in '\' mode to see the control characters which are \07 and \r\n for <CR><LF>

Hope this helps

David

Message Edited by David Crawford on 05-11-2006 12:45 PM

Message Edited by David Crawford on 05-11-2006 12:46 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,653 Views)

hi david,

i try what u sugested but it's still dosent work.

regard's

eyal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,638 Views)
OK. If you right click on a string there is a normal display, '\' codes display, password display and hex display. You need to make sure that you have '\' codes display ticked.

Also I have a used \r\n maybe its just the \n character that the scanner is sending.

What version of labview are you using? I can send post the example vi to let you see it working.

David
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,634 Views)

hi david,

i have labview 7.1.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,629 Views)
Here you go!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,626 Views)

Hi david,

thank's for your example, but still i cant see the ascii chars.

i know that in dos (run->cmd) i can see in the end of the string the ^G and then enter , so the barcode is working good.

try to press[ctrl+g]  in dos mode the computer will beep after the enter,but in labview it's[i think] asurtcut and when i try to insert the barcode

it's doing something maybe we need to disable the surtcut menu and then try it.?

do you know how to disable this surtcut?(it's not in the vi propertis, i try it ...not working).

regards

eyal.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,620 Views)

Ah see what you mean. Not sure you can do anything about that.

Configure your barcode scanner to not output CTRL+G would be my next suggestion. Incidently, you would suffer the same sort of issue if you were scanning the barcode into excel. CTRL+G is GOTO in that application.

David

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,610 Views)