LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to display tex (alarm) depending on value store in memory of PLC (0 to 31)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello every one

 

i stuck to display fault message of inverter. there is memory in PLC which store fault code # of inverter as 0 ot 31. these 32 value in memory represent specific fault which i want to display on labview front panel. how can i compare these code to display alarm

let say memory has value "18" it mean inverter overvoltage fault and so on with every value 0 to 31 represent different faults.

 

please help me

Thanks in advance.

 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(153 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asif138

Hi Asif,

 


@Asif138 wrote:

let say memory has value "18" it mean inverter overvoltage fault and so on with every value 0 to 31 represent different faults.


Create an 1D string array of strings with 32 elements and put the error description into the corresponding elements.

When you read your error number you simply use it as index into this array…

 


@Asif138 wrote:

i stuck to display fault message of inverter. there is memory in PLC which store fault code # of inverter as 0 ot 31.


In my experience PLCs use 32bit (or 16bit) entities (aka bitfields) with each bit having its meaning. Does your PLC really store an integer number from 0-31 instead?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2011SP1 + LV2017 (+LV2020 sometimes) on Win10+cRIO
Message 2 of 4
(149 Views)

Thanks for replay

 

yes my plc memory store integer which is 0 to 31 number.

 i explain more about that like if

memory have value 1 front panel should display "OK

memory have value 2 front panel should display "not OK

memory have value 3 front panel should display "check supply

memory have value 4 front panel should display "check input

memory have value "5 front panel should display "check output 

 

i hope i explain it.

 

thanks

 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(121 Views)

Hi Asif,

 


@Asif138 wrote:

 i explain more about that like if

memory have value 1 front panel should display "OK

memory have value 2 front panel should display "not OK

memory have value 3 front panel should display "check supply

memory have value 4 front panel should display "check input

memory have value "5 front panel should display "check output 


So please use my suggestion in message #2!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2011SP1 + LV2017 (+LV2020 sometimes) on Win10+cRIO
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(119 Views)