From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to display a bmp in labview?

Hi, Person,

You mean only select NI-IMAQ when install Vision Acquition software,right?

After installing, new library will be added into labview,right?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(2,142 Views)

HI, Coq Rouge,

ok.

I will try it.

By now, i can read a byte array data from device, they are screen hardcopy result.

After changing them into RGB data and display in labview, i found the image is a little of dark.

Do you know how to brighten them?

the original data: RRBBBGGG, transalte: left shift five for every kind of color and combine a

32 unsinged int, then send these data array into labview funciton.

if you have any opnion, please tell me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(2,141 Views)
The picture looks just as it do in BMP by using the picturebox. It is dark because the background is black 😉

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 23 of 30
(2,113 Views)

hi,Coq Rouge

ok. thanks.

Another question, Can i enlarge the bmp in labview? I want to display them in a more bigger size

so that user cann check it more clearly. Do you know whether Labview support this?

Thanks.

br

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(2,090 Views)

mmm2006 wrote:

hi,Coq Rouge

ok. thanks.

Another question, Can i enlarge the bmp in labview? I want to display them in a more bigger size

so that user cann check it more clearly. Do you know whether Labview support this?

Thanks.

br

Sorry do not know with the picturebox. And it will also depend on which method you are using. Here is the .net picturebox documented http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.picturebox.aspx

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 25 of 30
(2,079 Views)

HI,Coq Rouge ,

Thank your information and help.

I will read that page.

🙂

br

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(2,083 Views)

A Person wrote: 
...  However, the part needed to just display an image, NI-IMAQ, does not need a license.

Hi, Alex!

Please explain, how this sentence above correlates with p 13.B from NI license agreement:

If, however, the Authorized Application was created utilizing any of the following SOFTWARE: LabVIEW Real-Time Module, LabWindows/CVI Real-Time Module, LabVIEW Remote Panels, LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module, National Instruments Sound and Vibration Toolkit, National Instruments Modulation Toolkit, National Instruments Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite, LabVIEW Mobile Module, National Instruments Vision Development Module, National Instruments Vision Acquisition Software, National Instruments Vision Builder for Automated Inspection, National Instruments Switch Executive, National Instruments TestStand, National Instruments Test Executive, National Instruments Lookout, NI-Device, NI GPS Toolkit, or such other SOFTWARE as NI may from time to time designate, then you must (before distributing or otherwise making available the Authorized Application and applicable runtime engines for the SOFTWARE for use on any other computer) either: (i) verify that the recipient has a valid license to run the applicable Authorized Application on (or has a valid license for such SOFTWARE for) each computer on which the Authorized Application will be used; or (ii) obtain written distribution authorization from NI and (if required by NI) pay to NI a per copy distribution/development fee for each Authorized Application distributed.

Can I distribute parts of NI-IMAQ Vision Toolkit "for just display an image" together with my application?

Andrey.

Message Edited by Andrey Dmitriev on 01-13-2010 04:55 PM
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(2,065 Views)

Sorry for the long delay in replying to this-didn't get a notification about the post.  I can in no way provide final say on this issue but the following is my personal understanding.

Vision Acquisition Software is listed there because it includes NI-IMAQdx which is licensed.  However, the functions that are a part of NI-IMAQ (available without a license) can be distributed the same way you would distribute any of our hardware drivers, such as NI-DAQmx.

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(1,878 Views)

A Person wrote:

Vision Acquisition Software is listed there because it includes NI-IMAQdx which is licensed.  However, the functions that are a part of NI-IMAQ (available without a license) can be distributed the same way you would distribute any of our hardware drivers, such as NI-DAQmx.

Great news, Alex, thanks! 

Just to be honest — it means, that I can also distribute IMAQ Vision (of course, using the only function available without license) together with my application without NI-IMAQ hardware (means NI framegrabber)? Correct?

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,857 Views)

Hi Andrey:

Yes, that would be my understanding.

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(1,841 Views)