From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to disable a table control without affecting its scroll bars

Hi,

I have a table control in my application vi. I disable it after getting inputs from the user so that the user cant edit inputs once the process has been started. But, by doing this, scroll bars of the table too get disabled. How can I prevent scroll bars from getting disabled?...any take on this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,471 Views)

Are you writing values to table control or its just an Indicator???

If not then, put a decoration and make it transparent.

Regards,

Bijay

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,465 Views)

I am using it as a control for user..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,462 Views)

Sorry I can't upload screens for your reference.

I test and it works:

Create a reference to your vi's panel, and then you can get all decorations ref;

Index the one Bijay mentions, set property "Visible" to False if you allowe user to input something to any cell;To fobid that,set the property to True.

Message 4 of 14
(3,447 Views)

Can you please share the code?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,439 Views)

Why not right-click the table on the front panel and create a property node: Allow editing Cells?

Regards

Andy

"To 'G' and not to 'C', this is not a question!"
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,433 Views)

Hello AG@Amfax,

For table control "allow editing cell?" property is not present. that is for Multicoloumn LB.

If required mnx you can try with MLB also.

Regards,

Bijay

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,417 Views)

Is there much difference between the two? why not just use a multicolumn LB instead?

Regards

Andy

"To 'G' and not to 'C', this is not a question!"
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,410 Views)

for reference,

table disable.png

Regards,

Bijay

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,409 Views)

If you need to modify the behaviour of a UI element it is hard to beat the event structure...

Here is a quick and dirty example using mouse filtering.  For brevity and conciseness I have excluded the code for the visual change to make it look like it is disabled.

Disabled table.png

Apologies.  Somehow converting the code to a snippit changed the property node to a reference which breaks the VI.

Just replace the strict ref with a property node for the table to clean it up...

Cheers!

Message 10 of 14
(3,380 Views)