LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to customize a VI and save it

Solved!
Go to solution

I wish to customize Auto Power Spectrum.vi and save the modified version.  I put Auto Pwower Spectrum.vi on my block diagram, then I double click to open, then I start modifying. When I click File, "Save As" is grayed out.  I don't want to save over the original; I want to make a new and slightly different VI.  How? I am using LV 2011. Auto Power Spectum is on the Spectral Analysis pallette within the Signal Processing group of functions.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,396 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WCR

It is probably blocked from being resaved since it is part of an add-on toolkit you paid for.

Otherwise you could open the VI, save it as a new name, then give it away to someone.

Message 2 of 4
(2,390 Views)

So I am out of luck?  OK.  Thank you RavensFan.  Not the first time I have benefitted from one of your answers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,368 Views)

You could try opening up Auto Power Spectrum.vi and copying the contents of the block diagram to a new blank VI. From there you should be able to modify the code as you see fit and then save the VI under a new name. Just make sure you rewire the connector pane on your new front panel.

Message 4 of 4
(2,322 Views)