From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a periodic staircase (both up and down)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I just study Labview for 2 months. I would like to create a periodic staircase, which I could control the time and amplitude of each step. What should I do?

I try to use simulate signal generation, but it only up or down. I prefer a  convex shape waveform (similar to the picture shown below).

Sincerely,

Kathy 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,948 Views)

Hi kathy,

I would like to create a periodic staircase,

Your image shows some up/down steps in the signal: all you need is to create a waveform consisting of several rectangular parts…

which I could control the time and amplitude of each step.

Each step is defined by its amplitude and length: you can easily create a SquareWaveform for each step!

When your parameters are provided in an array you could use an autoindexing FOR loop…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(1,911 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried your advice on Labview, but I don't know how to combine those square waveform together in one x-axis. Could you make a sample vi to explain it? 

Sincerely,

Kathy 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,891 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kathy1027

Hi kathy,

I already mentioned the function SquareWaveform - I also explicitely mention AppendWaveforms…

(Did you even tried to search for that function on your own in the waveform functions palette?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 4
(1,875 Views)