LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a llb?

i used several subvi's to get a better structure in my code, but i guess the variables are shared when i reuse a subvi.

So i'd like to create a library (llb)

Could you give me a hint/link about writing (good) llb's?

It would be nice if i would have a howto about creating online-help in my llb and if i could contribute my new llb as opensource extension for everyone.

================================
system: Win7 and debian stable
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,266 Views)

In the Build Specifications section of your project explorer, right click->New->Source distribution. You can configure the destination of the source distribution to be a llb.

However, I would reccommend to stay away from .llbs, and we now have much better tools available to use for sharing a collection of VIs.

We can create a packed library from a lvlib, or create a zip folder of the directory with your lvlib files in.

My favourite way of sharing code, is by creating an open source package from the VI Package Manager

Be aware that you don't use the LLB as you daily development file.

If any of the VIs become invalid (and there are reports of that), than the whole LLB is invalid.

Ton 

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 3 of 4
(2,242 Views)

@asdfsfdasdafasdf wrote:

i used several subvi's to get a better structure in my code, but i guess the variables are shared when i reuse a subvi.

So i'd like to create a library (llb)

What do you mean by this? And how does creating an LLB solve this problem? Whatever it is. Please explain further what your specific issue is. It's possible an LLB is not the solution to your problem. Whatever it is.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,226 Views)