LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a data base with array of single data format with LVDSC 8.2?

hello,

i am working with Labview DSC 8.2 version. using OPC server i have configured Modbus RTU (RS-485) devices each 8 channel of thermocouple modules which is cascaded with 10 nos of modules along with Modbus TCP/IP converter. Using this convertor i have configured to read out all the data by each module by array of data. for 10 nos of modules we can read by 8 elements of array of single data.

Using NI-OPC quick client i have configured all the data. on labview project file using shared variable i binding the 8 array of elements for each modules.

but, when i select the logging, it is not logging getting error about " data base variant data mismatched".

if suppose creating a single element its logging the data also i can able to trace view.... also some time  i am getting "no data", getting message "buffer empty".

please suggest me how to insert in to data base using array of sigle data format. 

becasue, i have to read out 300 numbers of channels, if i use the array format the configuration part could be easier one.

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,125 Views)

The array tag is a single item and the OPC Server will return the data as single value of data type variant array. In the test client the value might appear as [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10]. The data base will not support a field in a data table of data type variant array. You really have 2 solutions.

1. Read the data, parse the array then log each element to a separate data field.

2. Read the 10 pieces of data as individual items and then log them.

For option 2 the modbus driver will automatically read all of the register at one time if the are in contiguous address locations.

Fred Loveless
Kepware Technologies
http://www.kepware.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,107 Views)