LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to control audio signal volume in VI

Respected LabVIEW Experts,

I want to play a audio signal with control over frequency and volume.Here i attached a VI which as got control over frequency,but i am unable to control the volume of sound played in the speaker.I want to have individual volume control for right and left speaker in the front panel(when PC Speaker volume is kept at the maximum position) kindly give suggestions to complete the program.
                                                                     Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,150 Views)
Hello,

IN the following NI link:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=172055&requireLogin=False

It's an attached library that controls the speaker sound volume. See if that can help.

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
Message 2 of 4
(4,138 Views)

Hi Jorge sir

Thanks for your immediate reply. Actually i am developing a simple audiometer for hearing test. The idea is to play a audio signal in the range of

20 cycles/sec to 10Kcycles/sec.when i run the VI the volume of the audio signal should increase automatically, and the user should stop the VI when he is able to listen the sound. The volume level at which the user stops the VI is taken for the calculation of the hearing loss. Here if we have individual control for right and left speaker then we can test the hearing loss of both right and left ear.

Here I attached a VI which has got frequency and volume control. But the problem is the duration of the sound played is going on increases as time increases and also the delay (i.e. 1ms) between each sound output is not maintained uniformly. 

Kindly help me to solve the issues                      Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,128 Views)

Hello Tunevr,

I listened to your VI and I cannot see the issues you are having with timing.  The beeps seem to be consistently placed and equally short.  Can you please explain the issue further?

Thanks,

Janell R | Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,108 Views)