LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to continually check output of an acquired value and compare to limit

I am unsure on how to add limits to my program so that labview tells me when I am reaching the design limits of the machine. I am controlling an actuator that is loading the specimen and once I reach a certain load, the actuator is supposed to stop. Is there a way to add limits into my program so that when I reach 3/4 of the design load then my application stops the actuator? Currently I am using the mask and limit test but I do not think this is the best way to complete what I would like to do.

Also is there a way to program when my actuator stops without having to press the STOP button. Can it be programmed to stop once it has reached a certain load, or programmed to load in increments? For example I would like to load the specimen until 10lbs and then stop the actuator, read the associated strains and then continue loading to 20lbs.

Thanks
Jena
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,092 Views)
What you can do is add a control to the front panel that sets your limit.  Then you can compare the acquired data to the limit using the greater than (or similar comparison) from the Comparison palette.  Then what you can do is wire the output of the comparison to an OR gate, with the other input on the OR being your STOP button. The output of the OR then goes to the stop terminal of the while loop.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,060 Views)
You can simply use the In Range and Coerce function also.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,039 Views)