LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to connect labviewv database toolkit to SQL CE server

Dear sir,

i am using labview 8.2.1 and Database Connectivity 8.2.i need same simple  concept of how to connect  LV database toolkit to SQL CE Server.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,852 Views)

When opening the database connection, you will need to provide either a connection string, or a path to a UDL (which will contain a conenction string). The easiest way to get a connection string is to go to (no I am not kidding) www.ConnectionStrings.com. Once there you enter the type of DBMS you are trying to connect to, and the system will list connection strings that you can use based on the drivers that you're using.

How much experience do you have with LV and/or databases?

Mike...

PS: you might also want to check out a series I did a bit ago on database connectivity in my blog. See the link in my signature...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 8
(2,825 Views)

That's an incredibly useful link even for those of that already know (roughly) what we're doing 🙂

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,812 Views)

Another useful tool is UDL files - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e38h511e%28v=vs.71%29.aspx

This is essentially a text file which holds the connection string, but the magic comes with a wizard that ships with Windows and lets you configure and test connections in a GUI. There are ways to point your code at the UDL file itself to provide the connection details (very useful if you want to switch between DBs) or you can use the wizard for the configuration and then open the file in Notepad and copy the connection string.

(2,801 Views)

hi,

i allready used microsoft office access and MYSQL database.now want know about how to create a connection in SQL CE server.and need some example.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,786 Views)
Exactly the same, the only thing different is the connection string.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,781 Views)

hi,

microsoft access and mysql the DSN Name  created in ODBC(microsoft access driver and MYSQl ODBC5.3 ANSI Driver).in this method how to create DSN Name in SQL CE server.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,771 Views)
You can use odbc if you want, but the ado drivers are far more efficient. Actually, you should be using ADO for any of the three DBMS that you mentioned. ODBC in its day was good, but its day was 20 years ago.

By the way, Access is not a database. It's a development environment for creating applications that use databases. By default Access uses a DBMS called Jet that is built into Windows.

Take the code I present in the blog and you can talk to nearly any DBMS by simply changing the connection string.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,754 Views)