LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure and read a hardware port from LabVIEW RT

plz reply ..

I am using sbrio 9606 with labview 2013(RT,FPGA module) and i want to add the Trigger functionality to the RT side.This will require reading of an input port (mico pins)from the RT side and perform some action when the port status is high can anyone tell me how to configure and read a hardware port from LabVIEW RT.To test it hook up an IO pin on the Micro side (Not the FPGA PIN) to a 5 V input (if possible with a switch)And then you could call a simple function inside the loop where you are checking for the pin status (it could be a simple Reset Function for now).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,443 Views)

Information regarding the capabilities of the processor GP_PORT lines is included in the latest revision of the sbRIO-9606 user manual.  

Beginning on page 25 and continuing in Table 8, all currently defined interfaces are described.

Using the processor GP_PORT lines requires an EEPROM on the RMC SMBus to describe the capabilities of the RMC and enable the processor to use the GP_Port.  None of the currently defined GP_Port interfaces support using General Purpose Pins as arbitrary Digital Inputs that can be read in LabVIEW RT.  

I also wanted to point out that the Proc_VIO voltage for the GP_PORT lines is 3.3V, not 5V as referenced in your post regarding a trigger or switch voltage.

Regards,

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,376 Views)