LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to communicate with HID USB device under windows XP with Labview

I have designed a EZ-USB FX2 device and I need to communicate with LabVIEW. I mean I just want to send and receive data. I don’t know how to achieve this goal.Someone have advised me to design a HID device,then use VISA Driver Development Wizards to generate driver(inf file).SO I defined it to a hid device .However when I connect my hid device to the computer, it will automatically be recognized as HID compliance device. I can’t to install the inf file driver. I wondered whether all HID devices will be acquiescently installed the drivers contained in the windows rather than use the inf file driver generated by VISA Driver Development Wizards? If sowhat should I do next to communicate with HID USB device under windows XP with Labview? HOPE TO GET HELP!

KIVI

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,856 Views)

Hi,

I am working on a project using PIC18F4550 MCU and USB.

I would need to send and receive data from the MCU thru USB. I have uninstaled the HID and created a new NI-VISA driver for my MCU. this worked fine, and it did showed up in MAX

Unfortunately I was not able to receive data from the MCU, Just sending!

I thought to use HID.DLL but the way I need to use the functions inside the HID DLL is simply too much for me, I am not a PC programmer.

There is any kind of VI that is able to use HID.DLL to comunicate with external devices conected to PC thru USB?

Please Help

Andrei

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,468 Views)

I am just wondering if anyone has had any luck with using the Call Library Function and the HID.dll library. I am also using a PIC18F4550 and the HID protocol. I would I am able to successfully communicate with the device by creating a custom VISA driver. I would rather not have to go through the extra step of installing the VISA driver over the HID driver that gets automatically installed in Windows for every device that the user plugs into the computer.  Has anyone created a VI to communicate with a HID device or any tips on using the HID.dll and the call library function?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,017 Views)