LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to color some parts of the google map

Good day!

I have a school project and I wanted to seek help. I don't know how to use or put google maps on LabVIEW but I searched it here about it. And I found some answers. (That's why I have now a bit of understanding of how can I put it in LabVIEW) But the problem is how can I put some colors on some parts of the google map. 

My project is about a rainfall alert and a map will show what the status of a specific place is if it is in normal alert, yellow alert (slight rain), orange alert (almost a heavy rain) and red alert (very heavy rain). There are ranges in every alert. The problem is how can I color the google map, yellow, orange and red?

(Actually, this question I have posted is an updated version of my VI. The attached VI is the VI but its map is not Google Map. Also, one of the users here on the forum helped me in the VI that's why I credit it to him.)

Thank you very much! 🙂

I really wish to become an Electronics Engineer before I'm 21. 😄
Been 1 year in LabVIEW but still a beginner.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,801 Views)

My guess is you'll have to use the pictgure control functions. If you have an array of latitude and longitude and corresponding color codes (I have no idea what this data would look like), you could figure out how to draw colored regions in the picture control, which would also, I imagine, hold a Google map image. I am assuming here that you can transform the google map coordinates into pixel coordinates, which should be trivial.

If you are talking about applying the images like ones you've shown, to a given google map, you'll need to be able to align the image to the map, which qill require similar projections and some precise knowledge about how the image sizes relate to teh map scale... this could be difficult. Also, you'll need to figure out how to overlay the image with a transparency effect. If that's wht you need, I may be able to help you with some VIs.

(2,747 Views)

I have the data on where I will put the colors in the map but I don't have the latitude and longitude thing. What I have is the place where the colors will be. I also don't know how to transform the google map coordinates into pixel coordinates.

Actually, yes, I'm thinking of overlaying the image map with a transparency effect. I tried searching how and I think I should make a kml file (I don't know if it's right.).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,733 Views)

What does "the place where the colors will be" mean? Please post your data and the code you've attepted so far (such as importing the image you want.

(2,731 Views)

I haven't had any codes so far. But what I would like to put into the VI is a map like this

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,721 Views)

I don't see why this is a job for LabVIEW. I think you need to explore GIS.

(2,719 Views)

What is a GIS?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,717 Views)

By the way, I made a KML file and I'm planning to use it on Google Map. How can I put it on LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,663 Views)