From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change camera exposure time for PCI-1426

Hi

I am using PCI-1426 to capture an image. I want to know how can I change camera attributes such as exposure time, frame rate. I have tried an example mentioned on your website http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/860 , but it shows an invalid camera attribute. I have also tried using set camera attributes function, where I have set the attribute as Exposure Time, but I shows an error even when I try to get camera default attributes. Furthermore, I have also looked into the NI discussion forum, but I didn't find any .vi which works well. Can you please guide me how to set camera attributes for IMAQ PCI-1426?

Thanks,

Sidd 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,634 Views)

Can you please tell us what camera you're using?

Brand, type, even the camera file used.

I once used an Atmel line scan camera and depending on the trigger mode used I had to use another name to set the exposure time.

So please first tell us a little more about you're hardware.

Did you try it with the MAX?

Can you grab an image there or change exposure time there?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(3,626 Views)

Hi,

I am using 

LYNX   

HIGH-RESOLUTION, FAST, FIELD UPGRADEABLE, 

PROGRAMMABLE, 8/10/12 BIT 

DIGITAL CAMERAS 

I tried it with MAX, and it works fine with MAX. I mean i can see the difference between the picture quality when exposure time is changed, but I want to configure it in labview.

Thanks

Sidd 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,619 Views)

Did you try the technical support of Imperx Inc. ?

From their web site : "Our experienced Technical Support team is dedicated to assist you with any questions you may have... ... " 🙂

What's the name of the contol you use in the MAX to change the exposure time?

I think you should use the same name with the "Set camera attribute" vi.

Also be sure that you enter a value that is between the min & max values specified in the camera file.

Can you provide a screen shot of the MAX, the vi you're using now, the camera file?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,608 Views)

Hi

Actually, I used MAX only to capture the image and I have used a software SpectralCube to change the exposure time of maximum frame rate. This software also uses labview to change exposure time, so there should be some way to do it in labview. I have attached the snapshot of spectralcube and the labview file I used. 

Thanks

Regards,

Sidd 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,593 Views)

You're using "Exposure" to first set an exposure time of 10ms and then read it back to put it in the "String" control.

Are you sure the attribute is called "Exposure" and not "Exposure Time" or "Exp Time" or "Integration Time" or whatever?

Do you get an error out of the "Set camera attibute" vi or not?

If yes, which error?

I don't have the datasheet of that camera and I don't want to register the manufacturers site to download one Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,582 Views)

I have tried many combinations as Exposure Time, Shutter Time, Integration Time, Exp Time, but it doesn't show anything when I try to get camera attributes. Even if I change the exposure time, there is no change in picture quality. The labview snapshot I sent you last time uses the HL snap to capture the image. I have also tried to get the camera attributes using LL IMAQ .vi, there is shows invalid camera attribute. Here is the link for camera datasheet

http://www.alacron.com/camera/machine-vision-cameras/IMPERX/LYNX_Users_Manual1.pdf 

Regards,

Sidd 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,570 Views)

Do you know what RTFM means dear Sidd?

I found in less than 10 minutes the answer to your problem in that large datasheet. I'd rather call it a dataBOOK Smiley Very Happy

So please go through chapter 3 and all become clear.

You know, programming is not guessing!

If you don't know how to do something, how do you expect some silicon chips to know Smiley Mad

RTFM: Read The Fu***ing Manual Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,559 Views)

Hey,

I agree with you. However, even if I do the same way as shown in big databook, it doesn't show show anything in the output. I am attaching the screenshot of the labview file. I hope that I have done everything fine this time, but it doesnt work. Furthermore, even if try to get model no. of the camera, it doesn't work there too.

Regards,

SIdd 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,552 Views)

If standard commands, I suppose you used  'gmn', doesn't work either you could have a communication problem.

Did you go through chapter 4?

Is you camera being recognized in the MAX or not?

Can you see camera attributes in the MAX?

Don't you need a camera file? Was one provided by ImperX?

Check a little futher, there's much more than only 'sst' to set exposure time, shutter time.

It's a kind of tricky command sequence Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,545 Views)