LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to avoid the zero readings entering into graph

I'am attaching one VI.Here I 'am trying to combine three numbers from the termination part of the motor for finding the steps it rotated. So the numbers 165,166, 167 in the combination given in VI will provide me the necessary number.I need a help that if I plot the graph whenever the running command is there the system will give me zero in XY graph. I need to avoid that problem. So how can I do it.please kindly reply

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,606 Views)

You need to place the build array and associates stuff inside the case where good data appears and wire the array across all other cases unchanged.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,594 Views)

this good data means what, please explain little bit understanadable or make sufficient changes and sent me the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,580 Views)

Many output tunnels of your stacked cases are set to "use default if unwired". The default value for a numeric is zero, meaning whenever one of thise cases execute, you'll end up with zero (bad value) instead of a data received from the instrument (good value). If you wire the data array across all cases, you can leave it unchanged in the cases where no data appears (simply wire the array across untouched), but append new values where you get actual data (in this particular situation if the outer case is true and the inner case is false).

You've been working on this for weeks now and have not followed any advice given here. If this challenges you so much, maybe programming is not what you should be doing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,575 Views)

Good data means non zero data. Bad data is 0. Hope this is what he mean to say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,572 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Good data means non zero data. Bad data is 0. Hope this is what he mean to say.

Please don't put words in my mouth!  A zero can be good if it is received from the instrument and can also be bad if it is the result of an unwired output tunnel. The value is irrelevant.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,569 Views)

I was guessing only by seeing the question as he says that he want to avoid 0.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,565 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

I was guessing only by seeing the question as he says that he want to avoid 0.

Please don't guess an answer before you have all the information. Look at his VI! Read the entire problem description!

If something has already been said, don't contribute redundant, useless and misleading information. That's just noise!

• If you have to guess, don't answer.
  • Only if you are sure about an answer, and it contributes significant new information, share it.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,560 Views)

Ok will keep that in mind.

Thanks

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,552 Views)