From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to avoid getting the same data continuously

Hi

23.png

as you see when i enter data i don't see them once in the table in the server..if you can tell me what to do to see just data that i enter in the client,and the 2nd data in the 2nd row and so on.

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(3,241 Views)

continued from here

If you have a fixed number of clients, initialize a 2D array of the correct size in the shift regsiter, and then use "replace array subset" to substitute new data in the right row depending on the client.

Message 2 of 24
(3,214 Views)

if we consider that i have 2 clients.could you modify the vi,or just a printscreen of what i have exactly to do .i'm really confused about the fixation of the number of clients and removing the cluster that is just indicator

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(3,193 Views)

@achfire wrote:

... and removing the cluster that is just indicator

Just select it and press delete. Right?

How does the program know what client sent the data?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(3,167 Views)

yes thanks

i think that i have to duplicate the code using a different address dstp5.png

if you have any suggestion to optimize the code,i'll be glad to hear it

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(3,148 Views)

i still didn't get any result Smiley Sad  ,i don't know what to do to get result stocked in the 2nd row then 3rd one and so on1.png

what i have to modify in the block diagram below

2.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(3,090 Views)

You still have complete misunderstanding of dataflow. Even if these controls change, they will never get read by the code except at program start. If the controls should be read regularly, they belong inside the loop!

Apparently you now use databinding to update the controls. Here's how the code would look like after a minor cleanup. see if this works for you. It still requres a lot of cleanup and finetuning.

Message 7 of 24
(3,072 Views)

no no i get the point,i understand that they belong inside the loop.by the way you are a great master of cleaning VIs Smiley Wink

but i still have the same problem,the 2nd data replaces the 1st one.that's the main problem

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(3,039 Views)

It does?

What I see is the first set of data replacing the first row.

The second set of data (a cluster) replacing the second row.

The thrid set of data (also a cluster) replacing the third row.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(3,023 Views)

yes it does,i'm talking just about the 1st set of data,because normally other clusters are for other clients.the 1st set of data is for one client but whenever the user changes,the new one will enter new data but i don't want that it remplaces the 1st one.if there is any way to stock each data so i don't lose the old one2.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(2,996 Views)