LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to auto insert a number array with size of 20 into a named excel file with the positon is from A1 TO A20?i use lv6.1

can you give me a example vi for it ?thanks a lot!
how to auto insert a number array with size of 20 into a named excel file  with the positon is from A1 TO A20?i use lv6.1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,048 Views)
If you have word/execel report generation kit then use the Execel Easy Table Vi

Else its dificult ( but not impossible)

Chow
xseadog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,044 Views)
can you attach this vi to version 6.1 ? Thanks !
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,040 Views)
Sorry
but I don't have labview 6.1

also morally
NI have developed the application so they should earn from it
to enable further development  of there applications (labview 8).

Have you  checked out Open G forum ?
possible they have a solution

chow
xseadog

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,038 Views)
You don't need us to give you an example, as the example already comes with LV. Go to Help>>Find Examples and search for "excel". You will find an example called "write table to XL". You should note that the example doesn't do that exactly, because it writes a 2D array from 2 to N.

You can modify the example by using only one for loop (instead of nested loops) with a 1D array or by going into the Set Cell Value and modifying it to accept a second cell value for the Cell2 terminal and wiring in a 1D array instead of the single string. If you do modify it, be sure to save it under a different name, so you don't overwrite the original.

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here and here are a couple you can start with. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf).

(3,039 Views)
but how to first open a excel file by name then insert the number into it ?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,024 Views)

Did you try looking at the other available example?
The one called Excel Macro Example?
It has 2 subVIs which show how to open a specific file and sheet.

If you want to know more about the ActiveX interface, you can right click each property or method and select Help For ... (if you installed the MS office VB help) or you can search the MS documentation.

(3,019 Views)