LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to aquire data from usb port?

Hello, Im doing some hardware where we can detect sound frequencies and intensity where I am using labView 2009. I am already done with the interfacing and my next problem is how to acquire my data input using USB port. anybody got examples or tutorial on how to do it? i learned labView by only watching mark's(software engineer of NI) Video tutorials.

Thanks,

Best Regards

Rocky P.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,397 Views)

Just to be sure what kind of hardware are you using? Have the manufacturers provided any LabVIEW drivers or DLLs to interface with them?

Otherwise you can use native methods on interfacing with USB. This nugget by Intaris is useful:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Nugget-1-of-n-GEtting-started-with-USB-communication-via-VISA/m-p/74...

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,388 Views)

Thank you for the helpful reply Adnan Zafar.

I created my hardware using a simple dynamic microphone and into A/D converter and i wanted to put it in USB port and I dont know how to use labView to detect it. I'll try to study and understand the links that you posted.

Best Regards,

Rocky P.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,352 Views)

anybody got any sample .vi? i still dont have the right solution for this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,312 Views)

Hi Rocky,

This is the best tutorial that I know of for setting up USB devices in MAX/LabVIEW. As far as writing LabVIEW code that communicates with your device, it is highly unlikely that there is any example code for your specific device. In the example finder, there are some USB RAW examples that will show you how to properly structure a VI. You can find these by searching "USB" in the LabVIEW example finder.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,301 Views)