From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to activate control properties dialog in executables

i am trying to create a vi in executables, and it is working...

i need to edit properties of front panel control in properties dialog by selecting properties menu in right click...

but the dialog doesnt seem to open.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,867 Views)

Why do you want to change the property of a control which is in Executable? When you said you are able to create a VI, are you selecting File>New VI? 

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,864 Views)

What properties are you trying to set in the executable?  Almost all of those can be set with property nodes.  Do you really want your users to be mucking around in a properties dialog during execution?  Or would you rather you (being the good programmer) make explicit ways to change specific properties.  Trust me, the latter is the way to go.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,859 Views)

thank u for ur reply...

my application demands  user i mean customer can create a vi using controls he like in executables... so on creating a  vi. property has to be setted in frontpanel itself bcoz he doesnt kno programming in block diagram , he will just enter max min and databinding tag....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,823 Views)

i am creating a new vi using vi scripting in executables.... once new vi  created frontpanel opened for editing...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,821 Views)

Are you trying to build executable using LabVIEW scripting, If yes did you read this

I am trying to understand your ultimate goal on letting the user to play only with the FP (since the user cannot do coding), how are you planning to code the backgroound? Can you please explain your application purpose on top.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,807 Views)

anand,

we can do scrippting in exe by enabling enhanced dsc support in application advanced properties...there is no doubt in it...

purpose for allowing customer to create a control is, he can see any tag i mean inputs just by linking databinding tag in properties.. so there would not be any restriction to see tags, he can view n number of tags just by changing the databinding address....

to create a vi i m scripting it  with a while loop template so if customer after linking runs the vi he can see the tag values....

tags i mean plc address communicating via opc server...

Message 7 of 11
(2,801 Views)

i am building exe in a usual way, but i  m using vi scripting vis in exe....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,797 Views)

Thanks for the explanation and its a new learning for me. 

I am not sure whether a method exist to open the Properties window for a VI in run mode. But if you are launhing the VI for the user to add controls, you can try to call the VI dynamically so that it will be edit mode and you will have the properties window available.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,790 Views)

thank u,,,

vi will not be in run mode ,, after creating a vi i will  just open it in edit mode ..

so customer can add controls as usual we do in labview drag and drop..

and by right click he can select properties too but dialog not opening...

even i found where the dialog vi resides in labview directory, but in run mode we cannot add controls to a vi....so dynamic calling of that vi is not possible...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,787 Views)