LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to acquire two signal values from the same GPIB

I have a power meter which provides two values,  the power and wavelength simultaneously.  So when I'am giving in the GPIB write command probe a joint command is not provided by ILX light wave. So how can i get the values simultaneously.

Please help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,877 Views)

Hi perumpadapu,

you should read the manual of your device/software. There you should find the answer.

Or ask the customer support for that device.

As long as you don't even provide a name of your device we cannot provide much more help!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,857 Views)
If the instrument is taking the measurements simultaneously, there is no reason that you have to actually read them at the same time. A sequential read of each value will be fine.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,839 Views)

I using a National instrument GPIB to interface the ILX light wave power meter that measures the power and wavelength of laser beam. I read the manual but there the command for simultaneous measurement is not given. Please kindly help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,810 Views)
In your first post, you said the meter takes two simultaneous measurements and now you say it doesn't. Why don't you attach the manual? That's the only way someone can really understand what you are talking about.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,803 Views)

The instrument measures and shows the power and wavelength simultaneously in seperate panels. But they had not provided the code for such a measurement. SO using GPIB write and read   two times, for each command (power and wavelength) in a single while loop will provide the values simultaneously. Please reply

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,787 Views)
Why then are you posting here? You have not provided the manual, the exact make and model number, or anything that says you have a LabVIEW problem. Why aren't you asking the vendor how the instrument displays two separate measurements?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,777 Views)